Finding your dream HBCU is the easy part of the college-going process. Finding money to pay for college can be a challenge, but EST will be there with you every step of the way. Over the years, we have helped hundreds of students get outside scholarships, including four year, full-ride scholarships. However, students must understand that the scholarship search process does not start when you receive your admissions offer. It begins the summer before your senior year.
The deadline to apply is September 30 of every year.
CAP Program Components
- Zoom admissions and information sessions/campus tours until we can safely travel to Black College and University campuses again
- College list development or finding the best college fit
- College essay and application assistance with one-on-one experts walking students through the process
- Resume/Brag sheet development to assist teachers and counselors in writing a letter of recommendation
- Scholarship writing coaches to help students find the resources that they need to pay for college
- Financial aid coaching to ensure that students have correctly completed their Pell and Chafee applications
- Financial literacy modules taught by Loyola Marymount University to teach students how to budget, avoid credit card debt while in college, and invest
- Assistance with understanding Financial Aid Award letters to help students understand the cost of attendance